Bar carts are a great accent in any home; one they come in different styles for different tastes and designs, two they are great for entertaining and storage, and three they give your home a bit of old Hollywood glamour to it! Many have wheels so they are easily movable; in other words they can follow the party! Plus, they make you feel like the hostess with the mostest!
Styling a bar cart can be tricky as most try to fit too much on resulting in an overcrowded bar cart making it look like a heaping mess rather than a styled, clean, and functional one. Here at Mackenzie & Company we have some tips for styling a well balanced and beautiful bar cart that functions well but still makes a statement. This is game changer for hosting; you are going to be chomping at the bit to throw a party to showcase your new Mackenzie&Co styled bar cart.
Guide to Bar Cart Accessorizing:
1. Keeping it Simple: You don't need every liquor stocked along with all your nice glassware and every bar tool on the planet. Stick to the essentials. Stock your bar cart with what you need to make the classics and what you will be serving (example: pitcher of a pre-made cocktail). Include the essential tools such as, a squeezer, muddler, strainer, shaker, bottle opener, corckscrew, & ice bucket. Display a bit of your nice glassware: have a mixture of different styles for the cocktails you will be serving. Lastly, have a few essential mixers stocked. Adding a bottle or wine rack to the bottom level can also be helpful for mixer and bottle storage.
2. Pleasing & Pretty Packaging: Having some liquor bottles that are pleasing to the eye adds interest and intrigue. Local liquor stores are great for this. Investing in nice decanters can also aid in this department.
3. Texture & Color: Straws, cocktail napkins, drink stirrers, and cocktail picks are a great way to add texture and color to your bar cart design. In my opinion, nice cloth cocktail napkins are a must and go a long way! Another way to add color and texture is to freeze flower petals in your ice to place in your ice bucket.
4. Fresh Fruit: Having fresh fruit in a bowl for cocktails is another functional yet pleasing design touch.
5. Fresh Flowers: If you have room adding fresh flowers can be another great way to add color, texture, and life.
6. Favorite Cocktail Books: Having your favorite cocktail recipe books is a great addition. If you made a pitcher, having the page open to your cocktail recipe is great personal touch to your vignette.
7. Focal Point & Statement Backdrop: Having a focal point such as a piece of art work or mirror above your bar cart is one direction to consider. Or placing your bar cart in front of a statement wall (statement backdrop) is another. Both add visual interest and complete your bar cart vignette.
Image Above Via Domino
Image Via Domino // Jessica Hendricks Home Tour
Mackenzie&Co Bar Cart Accessory Roundup:
Image Via Domino
Our Studio's Favorite Bar Carts:
11. Riviera Bar
12. Larisa Bar Cart
Image Via Waiting on Martha
Image Via Instagram of Pauline Morrissey
Favorite Cocktail Party & Recipe Books:
Image Via Decor8 Blog
The Personal Touch of Customized Drink Stirrers:
Customized drink stirrers add color and interest to your bar cart and they also dress up your cocktails a bit! These customized acrylic drink stirrers come in a few styles and colors. Our studio loves the blush pink in the "Cheers", "Enjoy", "Love", & "Celebrate" styles.