And just like that it's Labor Day! How did that happen? Here at Mackenzie Co. we're not quite ready to give up on what has been a spectacular summer. With Labor Day approaching now's the time to plan the perfect "Get together" with special friends and family. Fresh from our "Oysters, Wine, & Design event we're feeling oh so inspired by all things French. With that in mind, in this blog, we are showcasing some inspiring photos of outdoor entertaining along with a round up of 10 "must haves" for your elegant end of the summer dinner — Mackenzie style!
Feature photo: Hamptons Aristocrat
How many of your closeset friends and family could you host at this spectatular barn at Weatherlow Farms ?
We are all about dining al fresco and even more excited when its on the beach. Take a perfectly distressed table - add vintage linens and glassware and you are on your way. Hang a few strands of lights accented with a garage sale chandelier and you have the setting for an over the top perfect beach dinner. PC: Visual Vamp
Maybe you're planning on a more intimate weekend celebration. This "dock dining" has all the feels of a special romantic evening for two. PC:House Doctor DK
1. No barbecue is complete without food from the grill. These ceramic grill grids from Sur la Table are perfect for cooking up whatever suits your guests.
2. Herbs de Provence. A staple for the discerning chef!
3. We can't get enough of goldenrod yellow these days, and are loving this sunny tablecloth from John Robshaw.
4 & 5. Rose all day! Or another variety from Miraval's winery in Provence. Sipped from La Rochere's Verona Tumblers. Classic, yet elegant.
6. These may not be French, but we can't help include these sweet Deruta salt and pepper shakers at any Mackenzie BBQ.
7. & 8. If there's ANY room left for dessert, we hope you find inspiration for something sweet in this gorgeous cookbook,
served up in Emile Henry's fluted pie dish in Twilight.
9. Apres meal, it's time to relax. Our choice wold be in the Isola Chaise lounge that we used on our Martha's Vineyard project.
10. And last, but certainly not least, let's not forget our four-legged friends who enjoy summer barbecues (and relaxing) just as much as we do. These dog bowls from Farmhouse Pottery are classic and fitting to our french theme.
Whatever way you will be celebrating a great summer we hope it's your best weekend yet.
Cheers to Labor Day 2018 .