Here at Mackenzie & Company we have some advice for those who are trying to master the art of mixing and matching dining room chairs. There are a few routes you can take depending on the aesthetic you are aspiring for:
1. Mix materials: such as our design above of a fabric & wood combination
2. Keep the colors consistent or have a neutral color palette, but change the shapes.
3. Think about adding a bench
4. Stick to an "age range" (same period style in other words, but different chairs in that style)
5. Mix "age ranges" such as contemporary with some traditional (different period styles)
6. Mix in some color contrasts
7. Combine different heights
Consistent Colors & Different Shapes
Photo: Luisa Brimble
Add a Bench
Stick to an "Age Range"
Photo: Line Klein and Styled by Helen Wiggers
Mix "Age Ranges"
Design: Hygge House
Photo: Jeremiah Brent
Favorite Dining Room Chairs From The Studio:
11. High Back Bench
13. Chatham Bench
Mackenzie & Company is a participant in several affiliate programs that are designed to provide means for sites to earn advertising fees by promoting and linking products we love and genuinely recommend to our readers.